Monday, May 31, 2010

Goodbye 281.

I’m sitting in my old empty apartment. The walls are white and the only thing lingering here is the smell of comet mixed in with remember whens.. Today I’m finally giving back the keys to the complex and saying goodbye forever. This place was the first place I ever really called home away from my Bakersfield home. I spent over 365 days living here. 365 days that I won’t ever get back. Where did time go? It feels like only yesterday, I was getting the keys to this place.
I won’t really miss this apartment, but I’ll miss the memories it brought. Sitting on the patio with Melanie, having our countless talks about the boys who occupied our hearts at the moment. Coming home from work or my internship to find one of my roommates here, just living life. Climbing out my window, hooka nights, spaghetti dinners, wine nights, who kissed who talks, break ups, break ins, our patio recyclables and the list goes on and on. I’ll miss this place once I have the time to look back on everything, and forget what it felt like to live in Park.
I thought I’d have more to write about, but I don’t. I’ll just leave it at that. Good-bye 281, you won’t be missed but your memories will.

Pictures from the infamous 281.
























No comments:

Post a Comment